The jQuery reel formatter allows you to use the Jquery reel plugin to output your images as a panorama or a 360° view of a place or object.
Step 1 - Create the Panoramic Image
- Take the photo using a panoramic image capture on your phone or other mobile device.
Step 2 - Enable and Configure the jQuery Reel Formatter Module
- Modules > jQuery Reel Module
- Create an image field for the Content Type where you want to display the image in a panoramic view.
- Click on Manage Display after the field is created and configure the image
- Select Image > jQuery Reel. The configuration display changes next to the gear.
- Click on the Gear to reconfigure; most importantly change the following options*:
- Spacing - indicates space between frames on reel.
- Stitched - for gradhousing.yale.edu we used 10,000 to as the stitched number.
- See http://gradhousing.yale.edu/buildings/254-prospect-street-medium-sized-room
Jquery Reel options
Indicator size: 10
Frame spacing: 10
Stitched size: 10000
Autostart (seconds): No autostart
Step 3 - Add the Image to your page
- Create content Content > Add Content > Your Content Type
- Upload the image in the Panoramic Image field you just created.
- Save the page. You should be able to drag the image to move around from one side to the other.
*Important Note: The configuration here was used for the purpose of http://gradhousing.yale.edu/buildings/254-prospect-street-medium-sized-room. You can learn more about the jQuery Reel at http://jquery.vostrel.cz/reel