Google Analytics is a powerful tool that allows you to track activity on your site. This tool provides insight into how people are using your site, how they arrived at your site, what pages kept their interest, keywords used in searches and much more. Adding Google Analytics to your YaleSite is very easy once you have setup your Google Analytics account.
The process involves the following steps:
- Setup a Gmail account
- Setup a Google Analytics account
- Enable and configure the Google Analytics module
Configuring the Google Analytics module
First enable the Google Analytics Module in the Module listing:
- Click Modules from the Administration toolbar, then scroll through the list to find the Google Analytics module, click the check box and Save.
- Select Configuration -> System -> Google Analytics from the Administration toolbar.
- Enter the UA code number.
- Click through the vertical tabs and adjust as desired.