Drupal 7 will be retired in the fall of 2023. YaleSites will support the newest version of Drupal beginning in the summer of 2023.
There is a plan in place for websites that do not immediately upgrade to the new platform.
Drupal 7 retirement details:
- YaleSites has partnered with service providers who will offer ongoing web hosting and security for Drupal 7 sites that require continued support.
- Support tickets will be addressed, although updated Drupal websites will take priority.
- Drupal 7 resources will remain available.
- New code enhancements will not be available for Drupal 7 sites.
- Once Drupal 7 is retired, all new sites will be built on the newest version of Drupal.
Visit the YaleSites Upgrade Program page to learn more about the benefits of the new YaleSites Drupal platform, including an improved authoring experience that allows you to create engaging and accessible content easily and efficiently.