There are two important steps to get started with your custom theme:
Complete the necessary forms
You must request a YaleSite and complete YaleSites Custom Agreement in order to build a custom site.
- Use the online YaleSites request form to request a YaleSite. Indicate that you would like a custom site and preferences for development environment.
- Complete the online YaleSites Custom Agreement as part of the request form.
Once your request has been received, the Web Team will contact you to discuss the YaleSites development environment and process.
If you do not have a staff member with the technical expertise necessary to build a custom site, you can hire an external vendor*. If you choose a vendor that is not on the Drupal Partner list, you must set up the vendor with Yale University Procurement and obtain a Yale NetID for anyone needing access to the site.
- To set up the vendor for Yale University, contact Yale Shared Services.
- To obtain a Yale NetID, please visit the NetIDs and Passwords page on Yale’s ITS website.
* We offer a list of Drupal Partners who are familiar with the YaleSites infrastructure and can assist you with creating your site.