The Agenda module allows you to display a list of upcoming events from Google Calendar as a block on your website. The example below provides instructions for enabling the Agenda Module and how to import your Google Calendar into your YaleSite.
Enabling the Agenda Module
- Enable the Agenda Module.
- Select Modules, check Agenda and click Save Configuration.
Creating a Feed
- Select Configuration > Web Services > Agenda.
- Select Create a New Block.
- Edit Fields as follow: [See Screen Capture]
- Administrative title: Desired title for block.
- Agenda start: “now” – This will only include events that have not yet started.
- Agenda end: “+% months” – This will display any events that occur in the next entered months. Replace “%” with desired number.
- Dates to display: Enter desired number of events to display.
- Maximum number of events to fetch: Enter desired number of events to import.
- Date formatting: Specify the date format.
- Time formatting: Specify the time format.
- Text to display if no events are found: Use Default
- Calendar link text: Use Default
- Amount of time to cache event data: Use Default
- Display fields: Comma separated list of fields to display in the event summary.
- Hide labels: Comma separated list of fields for which the label should not be displayed.
- Google Calendar IDs: The IDs of each google calendar you want to display.
- Timezone: The timezone identifier
- Save Settings.
Assigning Block to Region
- Go to Structure > Blocks
- Find block named “Agenda: YourBlockName” and select Configure
- Assign block to desired region.
- Specify what page the block should show in.
- Save Configuration.
Applying Style to Block
To attach a style to the Agenda Module you need to create a CSS Injector Rule. If you do not have CSS Injector, see instructions on Enabling CSS Injector.
Apply the Following CSS Rules:Agenda Module CSS Styiling
Note: Copy and paste the code from these files into separate CSS Injector rules.