The Faculty Publications Feature provides a way for academic departments to showcase the publications of Faculty members such as books, papers, publications etc. Publications added automatically link the Faculty member bios to the page and a dynamic block is available to display related publications on the Faculty member’s bio page. In addition a page of publications is available with all publications for your site.
Add publications to your site
- Click on Content -> Add content -> Faculty Publications in the toolbar.
- Complete the following ﬁelds where applicable following the help text to format correctly:
- Add the publication title and subtitle or series (where applicable).
- Choose the Author/Faculty member from the auto-complete field (the faculty member must be added first in order for them to be available in this list).
- Upload a book cover image and provide a description of the publication.
- Click on the Save button to save the page and publish it live.
- The publication automatically display on the Faculty Bookshelf listing.
Displaying Publications on Faculty Profiles
You can display a list of publications that are linked to the Faculty Profile by assigning the View: Faculty Publications: Dynamic Author Block to the Content Region.
Fields may be added and Views adjusted as desired.
The Faculty Publications Content Type has the following ﬁelds:
- Publication title – title of the publication
- Subtitle or Series – where applicable, add subtitle of book or name of series
- Author/Faculty Member – link to Faculty Member who authored the publication
- Description – Description of the publication
- Faculty Bookshelf Page – listing of publications for all Faculty on your site. Page URL is set to yoursite.yale.edu/faculty-bookshelf
- Dynamic Author Block – displays publications for the author directly on their profile page.